1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paint Protection - 3M Clear Bra - Sunroof

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by speedntktz, Oct 31, 2011.

1. speedntktz

speedntktz New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Took our 05 Prius in for well needed service on Friday. Within a few hundred miles and a few days of the 100K/7yr warranty. With many intermittent troublesome gremlins for them to look for we were expecting a fairly hefty charge. Upon leaving my wife saw someone picking up their Prius V. We had seen all the emails from Toyota and liked it but also liked no car payments.

Long story short, we are now proud new owners of a Prius V 5 AT, Blizzard Pearl & Bisque. The cars came into the dealer on Thursday and we just happened to buy the 3rd car.

So today I am looking for a shop in the in the San Fernando Valley/Santa Clarita Valley/Ventura area that can do Clear Bra for the front and ancillary areas of the car. There is not a pre-cut kit at this time as the car is too new. I also wanted to get thoughts on using the clear film to protect the sunroof after reading the warning sticker for it. The dealer already put a few tiny scratches in the front passenger corner so I know this roof can easily be scratched or dulled.

Any expert opinions?

2. Fastronaut

Fastronaut Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had a clear bra on another car. If it's 3M film, it will last well and offer excellent protection. In the specific case of using it on the clear roof panel, I would check with the installer to see if it has been done on any vehicle. Your installer can contact 3M and get more information. Glass is just fine for the 3M film, but I am not sure about the "resin". I have a v Model 5 w/ATP coming in, so I'b be interested in anything you find out.

3. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would look no further than Premier Mobile Group in Orange for the clear bra. It may be a drive but it will definitely be worth it. This is coming from someone who had to have the job done twice since the first installation was poor.

Premier is probably one of the top 3 installers nationwide. I had my Prius done by their original Northern CA location and their "partial" coverage option is a good value at $790 since they do a lot of custom work in that pkg that most shops do not.

MB860 ?

4. dhandds

dhandds New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had 3M PPF and window tints installed on my black v V last week in Cerritos, CA. The installer's name is Scott Kim of Advance Auto Engineering. 17605 Fabrica Way Suite C, Cerritos, CA 90703. His job was flawless, exceptional. I have to say "Perfect?" And I am very picky as I look everything under microscope. His price was very reasonable. He was professional, accommodating your needs and schedule. Highly recommend him.