1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paint protection Film. Clear Armor

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by charliep, Sep 22, 2004.

1. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Looking to get input from folks that have had their car windows tinted and or the body paint protection film installed. I live in Sunnyvale area. Thanks in advanced.

Charlie

2. Gen2

Gen2 Member

Hi Charlie,

You need to look no further than Cleararmorinc.com and they are nearby in Mountain View (Middlefield Road).

I had my car done there in May before the car completed 24 hours of ownership. See Kenny, tell him that Bob from the Prius club sent yuo and negotiate the best deal you can.

They do window tinting as well as paint protection film. The film they use the the very latest state of the art 3M film. It is the bestfilm I have ever seen. If you were at any of our meets, then you saw that once applied, it is crystal clear (it doesn't matter what it looks like on the backing paper or on a sample board you see in some discount shops. If its crystal clear on my car, that's all I care about.

They also have very thick, crystal clear 3M film for the headlamps and foglamps. I had them all done since one broken headlamo is nearly enough to pay for the whole film job.

Enjoy,
    Bob

3. Driftwood05BC

Driftwood05BC New Member

In an earlier thread there was some discussion of a group buy for Cleararmor -- did that go anywhere?

Peter+

4. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Re: Paint protection Film & Tinting Bay area???????

The car is there as I write this. Picked up my car last night at Sunnyvale Toyota ( Steven Phillips) Great Guy! Brought it to Clear Armor after work. Mentioned Priuschat and they knocked $400.00 off. Paid $800.00. There work is FIRST RATE. I had been to their shop a few weeks back to check out their work. They do a lot of high end cars. I past on the tint. Little low on the funds :( The price was good though. Picking up tomorrow after work.

Charlie

5. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Re: Paint protection Film & Tinting Bay area???? Follow-

Hi All,
    Clear Armour in Mountain View did a wonderful job. They even honored priuschat.com discount. They protected front bumper, hood(6"),headlights, fog lights, door handle cups, door edges,mirror backs. I even got the piece that was suppose to go on the top of back bumper. I had already had the dealer install.

Waiting on door molding from Dawn Enterprise.

Charlie