1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paint scratch remedies

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by vinnysca, Aug 29, 2006.

1. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

Ok, my new Silver Pine Mica Prius seem to be very sensitive to scratches. I was putting on an after market body side molding last night, and during the installation, I was using a small tweezer to pull off an extra piece of adhesive backing, when I slipped and the tweezer (which barely touched the surface) left a 2 cm line on my door! It was hardly noticeable, since it was just below the molding...so I decided to buff it a little with a cotton towel. THEN, I noticed that I had left a 2 in line...I think my fingernail left an impression on the paint. UGGGHHHHH! Now, the imperfection is REALLY noticeable.

I just ordered a touch up paint from my car dealer (it'll be here in a week), but for the meantime, is there any product out there that anyone can recommend to help buff out this scratch? Like a color matched wax? It's not really deep..but if you run your fingernail (lightly) across the line, you can really tell that it is there.

Now, I'm probably being too ANAL about this...I mean, it's just a car. I guess it's innevitable that I'll get rock chips and scratches on it.

Vince.

PS I'll try and post a pictures when I get a chance.

2. xbdude

xbdude opticat

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Probably not much help, but I heard somewhere that, concerning scratches and such, you NEVER MAKE THE AREA LARGER THAN IT IS. I had a little stone chip that filled nicely using the touch-up paint applied with a toothpick.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I found the Toyota paint blobby and hard to use. You might want to consider this paint repair system or this one. If the scratch is tiny, a good polish with mild abrasive may cure the problem. If you're into Zaino, it's Z-5.