1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pairing cell phone to prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by boggytim, May 14, 2012.

1. boggytim

boggytim Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    HAS ANY ONE PAIRED A LG COSMO CELL PHONE TO A PRIUS V? DOES THE ENTUNE WORK ALSO? ON THE TOYOTA CONNECT WEBSITE, IT SEEMS THAT NONE OF THE PHONES HAVE BEEN TESTED. WOULD THE SAME PHONE THAT PAIRED WITH A 2009 PRIUS PAIR WITH THE 2012 V?:confused:

2. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I haven't and am not familiar with that phone but I'd say not necessarily. I've seen some say things improved and others they got worse. Your best bet is to either go to a Toyota dealership and try it (and erase afterward) or try it with a friend's v. I don't even know if the radios are identical with the gen 3 hatchback (display audio vs advanced tech).

If I were you i would go to a dealership and try it for myself and just erase all data on the radio when done testing. W

3. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    From the look on the Verizon site, the LG Cosmo is a standard cellphone. Entune was designed for Smartphones, to my recollection.

From here:

Entune FAQs- DA - Phone Compatibility

At best, you can pair it for the phone capability, however, I have a feeling it may not be entune supported.

4. rcturner

rcturner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I did a friends non-smart phone to their new V 2. No problem.