1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pairing phone for music / Non-Nav

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Daveyj, May 4, 2013.

1. Daveyj

Daveyj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    hey, new Prius owner here. I purchased a 2010 Prius III with no Nav. I have an HTC Incredible 4G LTE that I've paired to the BT but I can't seem to figure out how to play music through the BT. I'm hoping not to have to plug in to the aux jack each time I drive.

Toyota's website tells me that my phone should be able to pair to the BT system to play music, but I'm having trouble setting it up.

Any advice?

2. xcuter

xcuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I dont it can be done. I use a belkin bt adapter connected to aux to play music in my 2019 JBL non nav

SPH-L900 ? 2

3. MansTer420

MansTer420 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    did you choose BT option on ur prjus?

SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 ? 2

4. Daveyj

Daveyj Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just spoke to the Toyota customer service line. It turns out the particular Bluetooth module I have is for phone only, there are other modules that work for music that are non-nav, but mine is not one of them.

I'm wondering if a dealership can swap out my bluetooth module for a different one that pairs for music?

5. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two