1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pakitt's Prius

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by pakitt, Aug 13, 2009.

1. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  2. Snowbell

Snowbell That's the cat! Snow...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congrats on your new order! I did have one question for you. In your notes you mentioned that the Prius IV in Germany had 17" tires. Is that correct? In the U.S. our Prius IV only comes with 15'' tires; only the Prius V offers the 17" tires, as well as fog lights. So, lucky you!

3. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Hi Snowbell,

thanks!
    Actually the situation is a bit more complicated in Germany and there is no 1-to-1 match between the trims offered here and in the US. I thought that the IV trim in the US matched better my "Life" trim in Germany.
    There are only 3 trims in Germany ("Prius" "Life" "Executive"). You can read some of the main differences here:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/67142-differences-between-trims-options-in-different-regions.html
    Both the "Life" and "Executive" trims get the 17" alloy wheels standard. Though you might not understand all the german, you can see the main differences on page 5 of the German price list (you also get an idea of the prices in EU/Germany - remember everything has 19% VAT included - BTW what VAT/Sales tax do you pay on average in the US? - do the prices on the Toyota US website reflect any VAT/Sales Tax at all?):
    http://www.toyota.de/Images/Web-PDF_Prius_PDB_0209_tcm281-463828.pdf
    Let me know if you have any trouble understanding the Price list...

4. Snowbell

Snowbell That's the cat! Snow...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi Pakitt,

Thanks for the links_very interesting.... that the model offerings, while similar are also quite different.

Hopefully my link US 2010 General Brochure will appear and open for you. It's based on my local area where I live in New York, but will give you an idea of what's available here. There's also the basic pricing for each vehicle and then the added options pricing.

View attachment buildGeneralEbrochure.do.pdf

There are no mandatory snow tires and wheels that we have to have. That's purely an extra for the buyer should they want them. I will probably have to purchase snow tires for my Prius though, as the winters can get pretty snowy at times. ...And additional taxes are based on the County and State that you live in. For example, in New York the sales tax varies between 7% and almost 9% which is added to the purchase price.

Hope this is helpful.