1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Palm Treo 650 in a Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SDiego, Nov 12, 2005.

1. SDiego

SDiego New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just was curious how the Palm Treo 650 works in the prius via bluetooth?
    I have the Blackberry now and works great in the Prius. I have read that
    the Treo had issues but after installing the new version of software on the
    treo, I understand that it works fine.

Any input would be great :)

2. osXcode

osXcode New Member

Hello!

I bought the Treo 650 a month ago from Cingular. I LOVE IT. It works very well in the Prius. Calls come through with Caller ID, sound is always very good, Calling out is a cinch. Phonebook is reallly easy to transfer entries too! The only thing that it doesn't show on the display in the prius is the Signal Strength, which I initially thought I wouldn't like, but the Treo 650 gets really great reception so I have no reason to need to see how many bars are showing. It does show the Bluetooth Connected and Romaing status, just not signal strength.

I would rate the call quality a 4 out of 5

The Phone is the best I have ever had and I have had many Motorolas. I consider it superior to anything motorola has on the market.

Good Luck, please let me know if I can be of any help!

-Rob

3. SDiego

SDiego New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Are you using the latest software update from the palm website? I thought
    that was supposed to fix that signal display issue?

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have a Sprint Treo 650 I got two days ago. Works perfectly! Signal strength, etc.

It should be noted that the Hardware and Firmware version varies from carrier to carrier, so some phones may have issues with the Prius and others may not.

I can report that Sprint is fine with Rom 1.12. (Included with my phone, but can downloaded.

Audio quality is fine. I don't know how to rate it. (What to compare it to? It's a cell phone, they all suck compared to a twisted pair landline).

Nate

5. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

I also have a Sprint T650 and am waiting on an 06 Prius. How have you found the connect time for incoming and outgoing calls between the Treo and Prius to be? Will they connect immediately or is there a lag between the car the the phone?