1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pancakes

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Linny, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Linny

Linny New Member

ummmm....just curious...has there ever been a thread about pancakes?
    i'd love to hear everyone's favorite pancake selection...

i make a pretty mean pancake myself. for me...it's all in the butter. not the batter...the butter.

2. spud

spud New Member

For me, it is potato pancakes. Norwegian blood in me, they refer to them as Lefsa. Thin and crisp, then smother them in butter.

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Linny @ Apr 5 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]235463[/snapback]</div>
    My wife whisks the egg whites alone, and then folds them into the batter. Makes them cakes quite "cake-like." Me, I'm a flat pancake kinda guy. At least I like them to be a bit shorter than 1".

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The only pancake discussion that I know of was if we were going to get pancakes on Pancake Day. Danny said he set up with IHOP to get free pancake that day (before 2pm). :)

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    mmmm pancakes. if it's a pancake, i like it. preferably with some kind of fruit either inside or on top. and some whipped cream. or butter.

6. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

It has to be either Pigs in Blankets or Banana... or Blueberry. Topped with butter, butter and more butter. Then covered in maple syrup or strawberry syrup if I'm feeling festive. And to finish this all off, a nice big glass of skim milk! I just love breakfast!! :) The last super great breakfast I had was at la Madeleine. Ya'll have to try their "Diplomat" (Buttery croissant pieces and raisins tossed in a sweet custard, baked until golden brown. Accented with whipped cream, topped with strawberries, blueberries and your choice of maple or boysenberry syrup. Mmmmmm! ;)

7. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(heliotropehead @ Apr 5 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]235521[/snapback]</div>
    ditto, either plain or blueberry!

8. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I like mine kind of thick and moist inside. My mom gets so upset that I quit using her precious Vermont Maple Syrup after moving to California 25 years ago but butter and Aunt Jemima will do, a nice boysenberry or blueberry concoction cannot be beat.....bacon on the side....there goes the arteries!!

9. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My favourite is sourdough, or maybe crepes. Or was it oatmeal? Hmmm...I'll just have another one or two before I decide. I don't like the prefab stuff - they have to be made from scratch to be any good. Homemade jam, almost any flavour, makes a great topping, especially when swirled with whipped cream or sour cream. My kids like them best when I sprinkle in chocolate chips to make a happy face.

10. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I like "Grandma's Pancake breakfast" at Cracker Barrel--preferably the cherry sauce and whipped cream (turkey sausage on the side).

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    blueberry pancakes mmmmmmmm

12. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Pecan pancakes.

I used to make pancakes all the time. My kids loved them and I would make letters or animals. you know. Kinda dies out when your kids go away.

I think I'll see if I have any mix tomorrow morning.

13. Linny

Linny New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Apr 5 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]235635[/snapback]</div>
    Well, you could make them in the shape of a Prius. I think you'd have a lot of takers from this board. :p