1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pandora / Bluetooth Radio (Blackberry) Help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by socal1, Dec 26, 2009.

1. socal1

socal1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    I am having trouble getting my Blackberry Bold / 9000 to connect with my 2010 PV's audio / nav system. The phone works fine but the radio function has been troublesome. Although the car's head-set shows a successful bluetooth radio connection each time it starts up -- and my BB is present, I cannot get Pandora to consistently play through the audio system. I also have been unable to play Pandora / radio using the car's built-in USB adapter. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and / or have some suggestions? Thank you in advance for any assistance that can be offered.

2. cflyer

cflyer New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So you have never got the Prius to play Pandora through bluetooth?

3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    There are known problems with the bluetooth and usb with my iphone. I'm guessing they are the same for your blackberry.

I hook up to the aux port to run pandora and music. I think your blue tooth will still work for calls. I have a remote for my phone to skip songs, stop, etc.

4. socal1

socal1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    CFLYER / AUSTINGREEN,

I have only been able to get Pandora to play one song at a time through bluetooth -- the "next" song reverts to the blackberry although the Prius shows that the bluetooth connection is still in place.

I am thinking about using the car's built in USB connection. How do I get the car to recognize that my blackberry has been plugged in? It does not seem to do this on its own and my instruction manual apparently does not contain instructions on the USB connection. Please note that the USB connection shows up on the nav screen in the off postion -- similar to BT w/o a valid connection.

Thank you again.

5. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    my car connects flawlessly to the iPhone when I get in the car, both the phone and BT streaming functions.

6. cflyer

cflyer New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    hmm i havent tried the usb mode myself. if you connect via usb does your blackberry ask you to enable mass storage?

i am on the bold 9700 with the latest pandora app update and dont have issues with my blackberry.

the only thing i have to do is press connect on the "BT" tab in the audio section.

maybe you need the latest OS for your phone? or latest pandora app?