1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parade of Green Homes in Dixie

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Oct 8, 2018.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I hope @Zythryn gets a chance to look at the entrance to "Solar Tour Saturday and Sunday, October 6th and 7th, to display your vehicle at our Solar Faire."

Unlike Northern climates, heat avoidance and shade are a premium. For me, it was like visiting my Oklahoma farm relatives in the 1950s but without the chicken guano yards. The homes are solar powered both photo-cells with battery storage and passive. They have grid backup except in Alabama they bill you more if you try to sell it back to them. The homes are individual, tailored (and sometimes built) by the owners and community:
    [​IMG]
    A favorite moment was sitting in the shade when a loud voice said, "It's so beautiful and QUIET!"

There were about 150 visitors organized into four color coded groups wearing clothing with their color. Think of it as a Southern Shire populated by Mensa at a Faire run by the women. A place ". . . where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average." (Garrison Keillor.)

I was one of three who brought plug-in vehicles:
    [​IMG]
    • Tesla Model 3 that was 47 hours in the new owner's hands.
    • Ford C-Max.
    • BMW i3-REx, my ride.
    Sad to say, the heat and forgetting to wear a hat once too often, I had to back out on Sunday and keep my wife company. Still, it is a spirit place.

Bob Wilson

Zythryn likes this.
  2. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Very cool!
    We were actually hosting a Tesla Club meeting all day Saturday and in recovery mode Sunday :sleep:
    I need to apologize to our neighbors, as we filled both sides of the street with EVs most of the afternoon:eek:

I did a similar event a couple of years ago, amazing how many more people were at this event :)