1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paradox's Pearl Prius

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Paradox, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice! Too bad in Canada, they paired the solar roof instead of the LEDs with the Tech Pack.

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dude! You stole my car!

That's OK. I'll probably have to live vicariously through you. Unless I win Lotto before the pricing comes out, it's extremely unlikely that I'll follow through on my Priority Pre-Order.

4. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks! I hear you, I would have accepted either LED's with the sunroof/solar panel and left out the LKA/IPA etc. Or I would have also accepted the advanced tech with sunroof/solar but taken 15" rims... Not to rehash, but really, leaving the solar out of an advanced tech package was poor marketing, no matter how one wants to look at it. If we were able to engineer putting a man on the moon 40 years ago, this car could have been engineered somehow to pass regulations within the US with the advanced tech package and the solar roof. Oh well, the car still will be sweet. :)

I'm just a bit more upset at how great the car would have looked in Blizzard Pearl with the roof all blacked out like on some new Maxima's and Mercedes... It's a great look!

5. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Ahh, that sucks, I was betting on seeing you driving around the city as well the first few weeks we got ours! lol

I'm still betting pricing will be out mid April, but the lotto thing... As the motto goes here in NYC for lotto "Hey, ya' never know" ;) Hope you can make it happen somehow.

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol.. cause our Tech Pack is the exact config that you want.. solar panels and 15" alloys with the DRCC/PCS.

I want your Prius V spec... LEDs with tech pack... or even just a base Prius V to save some money.

7. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

No, I dont think it is the exact way I want it because your tech pack doesnt have LED's right? The LED's are a must for the tech pack, thats a given... Any 'new tech' should be part of that package, to leave one thing out is senseless...

Basically our Prius V with advanced tech should have included the solar/sunroof and it would have been configured the proper way IMO.

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ohh, sorry I misunderstood.

So basically everything lol. Yeah it's odd to have it called the Tech Pack yet they had to leave one or the other out.

9. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Haha, well I don't want to be greedy so not 'everything' or I'd say "Hey , I want the HUD, HDD Navi and turn signal mirrors as well!" :D

But yeah, I was just shocked and still am that they couldn't design it to somehow pass US regs (or whatever the reason is besides the simple weight issue, there's more of a reason than just simple weight effecting mpg) while tossing in the roof options...

Nonetheless, I think we'll all enjoy our cars no matter how they decided to equip them for our respective countries. :) I just don't want to hear a half model year into it, or even next year, that they decided to do what SO many of us expressed concerns about months ago.

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well that's what they do, right? Continuously improved based on our suggestions.

11. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

We just see it differently. I don't mmind them listening to our suggestions to make improvements, but not on something like this. Don't make the people who were willing to buy early and take the leap not get something as new as a sunroof and solar option with an advanced tech package but later make it available. If it is such a big engineering problem but it can be solved in a year... Cmon'.

This is all what ifs thought, it may never come to see light but if it does for 2011...

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah I know what you mean. Well I bought an '05 thinking there's another year before the midlife update.