1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paris Hilton goes to jail.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, May 4, 2007.

1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Paris Hilton

45 days in jail.

No work release.

No alternative jail (A Hilton hotel by chance? :lol: )

Starts in June.

Seems she was caught driving on a suspended license, then had the audacity to show up for her court date 10 minutes late.

Silly girl.

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sounds like a new idea for a reality show. :p

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Every upper-class and middle-class person should spend some time in jail. It broadens your experience of how the "other half" lives. You meet some interesting people, and you learn a bit about how poor folks are treated in this country.

I am surprised, however, that she didn't get off with a fine.

4. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Caifornia's most infamous celebrity DWI case since Mel Gibson. :blink:

A "simple life" for her. :p

5. roryjr

roryjr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 4 2007, 09:07 PM) [snapback]435770[/snapback]</div>

What an absolutely idiotic statement. So someone busts his tail to get a college degree or risks all his money to get a business going. He goes without for years until he begins to see the fruit of his labor. And now that he's finally made it and and begun to pay the unfair higher tax percentages to celebrate his success, you want to throw him in jail. That cuts off his earning. This cuts off his excessive tax payments. Now the government has less money to dole out to the poor through the "earned" income credit.

Great idea. You are my choice for president.

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If that sentence is to be served in the Los Angeles County Jail, she will do about a third of the time. One third comes off the top for good behavior and then 50% off the remainder due to jail overcrowding.

7. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 4 2007, 09:07 PM) [snapback]435770[/snapback]</div>
    I was told that she already had 1 warning about violatingher probation. My guess is the judge would not get re-electd if she got off scott free. I find Paris's antics entertaining from time to time. It's not every day a girl can have raw sex on the Internet, then be rewarded with a TV show.

I think Paris is a sweet, mischievious celeb who truly enjoys the good life. I also don't remember ever hearing her say anything bad about any person.

8. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ May 5 2007, 12:11 AM) [snapback]435864[/snapback]</div>

She will get so much press for this. I will bet she does makovers for the women in the jail, and redesigns the prison garb.

It is about time for her to start growing up. I would not be shocked to see her do a Public Service Announcement or some such.

9. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusmaybe @ May 4 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]435868[/snapback]</div>
    No, she will not. Celebrity inmates in the Los Angeles County Jail are segregated from the general population for their own safety. There will always be crazed inmates who seek the notoriety which they will gain if they were to attack a famous person.

10. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    While the rich and powerful can "buy justice", sometimes I think fame can work against you in the legal system. No DA or Judge wants to be seen as star-struck or being able to be easily influenced by the public.

What is it that makes us take a special joy in seeing people that are "better" than us ... richer, prettier, smarter or in a higher class ... humiliated and hurt. If we can't see them bleed, we'll at least take great joy when they get recorded yelling at their kids, cheating on their wives with a prostitute or getting nailed for driving on a suspended license.

11. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Coming soon: "Paris Hilton- The Prison Sex Tapes"!

12. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 5 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]435983[/snapback]</div>
    So True! Airing in the Fall of 2007 on Fox :)

13. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roryjr @ May 4 2007, 06:33 PM) [snapback]435787[/snapback]</div>
    If nominated I will not run. If elected I will not serve. But I thank you for your confidence.

14. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 5 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]436007[/snapback]</div>
    I would agree that every President should serve time in jail. At least, the current one!

15. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Would it have been justice if instead of jail time, Paris was mandated pay pay 75% of her net worth to the state?

16. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ May 5 2007, 12:58 AM) [snapback]435900[/snapback]</div>
    I usually agree with your thoughts, but in this case I genuinely like Paris. She is a "bird brain" girl who seems nice but incredibly naive about how regular folks live. I remember in the 1st season of her Fox show she saw a Walmart and wanted to know if they sold walls. Paris had never been to a Walmart.

She was quoted as saying she didn't know she couldn't drive to work and thought she could drive to imp. engagements. She will probably come out of jail better off than Martha Stewart.

17. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I'll be waiting for Paris when she gets out. :lol:

Attached Files:

18. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ May 4 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]435900[/snapback]</div>
    Just the ones who think that because they are richer, prettier, smarter or in a higher class that they are above the law and entitled to do what they want . . . even if it is at the expense of everyone else.

After having escaped a drunk driving conviction (most likely due to her richer, prettier, smarter or in a higher class status), then being pulled over for driving with a revoked license . . . twice (!) . . . then she has the snotty socialite gall to show up to court ten minutes late and then sashay in like it's all beneath her . . .

. . . . Joy?

Absolutely! :lol:

(I hope she shows up for jail late too. ;) )

19. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't hold any special fascination for celebrities, nor do I laugh at their mistakes. If she's done the crime, she should do the time, just like anyone else. The real question is why the heck doesn't she have a designated driver? Her budget must have room for a chauffeured Prius. There'd even be room for the cameraman! ;)

20. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What I want is for someone to explain to me why I should even care about this.