1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Park and neutral only

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sailfish, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Sailfish

Sailfish New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am new to this site but i hope someone can help. My wife's 2008 prius will only shift to neutral and park. All the dash lights are on and we have recently replaced the 12volt battery, within the last 2 months. We have replaced the shifter yesterday, the brake switch three days ago, and the inverter pump is pumping. The only thing that seems odd is that we just filled it up when it just shut off while driving 55mph. Now the gas gauge is reading empty but the battery indicator is green and four out of the five bars are lit. Please help before i have to have it towed. Also presently we have no DTCs stored.

2. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Even though its a newer 12V check the 12v batteries current voltage. (perhaps strained from the work you did in the interior recently with the doors open)

If 12v is good, check fuse am2 in the fuse box (if its blown your new inverter pump may have failed.

You can try resetting the car by disconnecting the 12v battery for a minute and then reconnecting.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and check the 3 12v connections. how many miles on her?