1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parking in Eco Mode

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by cmstlist, May 31, 2012.

1. cmstlist

cmstlist Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This week I am driving an orange Prius C base model from Modo the Car Co-op in Vancouver BC to test out if I like this car (CDN base model = USA Prius C Two).

I figured I would try the first two days with Eco Mode off, and the next two with it turned on. I live on a residential street with a gravel shoulder for parking, and I was trying to wiggle my way into a parking spot that was not particularly tight, but I'm terrible at parking so I was being super-cautious.

I noticed that when I was trying to inch forwards or backwards on the gravel, the car had a tendency to jerk so that I couldn't actually move at the slow rate I wanted to. It was either no motion or too much. Then it occurred to me that I had not experienced this the previous day, so I tried turning Eco Mode off. Sure enough, parking became considerably smoother with it off.

Has anyone else experienced something along these lines?

2. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    No, I ran my first tank of fuel with Eco Mode on and I didn't notice any jerkiness.

3. mattebury

mattebury Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have Eco Mode engaged and I noticed that today when I was parallel parking. I'll have to try and remember that for next time to see if there is a difference.

4. cmstlist

cmstlist Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Particularly on gravel - I don't usually see a problem in the smooth parking lot at my office, but on gravel it seems to be choppier in Eco mode.

5. XRinger

XRinger Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Today, I experienced a little jerk at a traffic light. I was on a slight downhill slant and when I stopped,
    I pressed extra hard on the brake. I got the hill-holder? beep tone. (Traction control icon illuminated).

When the traffic light turned green, I got off the brake and on the gas, & it jerked..

So, I'm wondering if the jerk might have had something to do with me pressing hard and setting the hilly mode thingee.?.