1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

parking light fuse

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MrK, Sep 17, 2007.

1. MrK

MrK New Member

This weekend I blew the fuse in my parking lights. (I won't bore you with "how" I did it.) I've looked though the fuse box under the hood, but cannot identify a fuse for parking/running lights. I even took each fuse out, looked to make sure it was good, and put it back. I did this twice, thinking I might have missed it the first time around.

Can somebody tell me where to find the fuse for the parking lights?

2. MrK

MrK New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrK @ Sep 17 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]513636[/snapback]</div>
    I kept looking and found a reference to "John's site" at http://vaq.net/proj-pics/. (Thanks to bobc and his comments to another lost soul who was looking for wiring information.)

While the Prius at this site is a 2004 and mine's a 2006, I'll hope that the fuse box containing the parking light/tail light fuse is in the same location. It's inside the vehicle, inside the dash, driver's side, lower finish panel. Now, how to get to it?

John's site is loaded with pictures and manual pages to help the Prius do-it-yourselfer get the project done. Check it out!

3. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's "vfaq.net", yo. Please try to avoid sending people to domain
    squatter sites.
    The "tail" fuse is in the drivers-side relay block, a 10A at one end
    of a row. Did you look at the diagram on the fuse block cover?
    _H*

4. MrK

MrK New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ Sep 17 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]514096[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't notice a reference in the owners manual to another fuse block under the dash, but last night, I found it, and yes, it did have the fuse diagram on the cover. I replaced the fuse, and I'm back in business.

You are correct as to the website. Sorry for my fax paus, and thanks for correcting me.

5. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five