1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parking Lights Wont Switch On

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Kyle Conley, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Kyle Conley

Kyle Conley New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2010 blizzard pearl prius 4 and i just got it pre owned with only 39k miles about 2 months ago. I didnt notice this until just now but the first position on the headlight switch does not do anything...its supposed to turn on the little parking light up front and the parking light in the rear as well as the lisence plate light and the intrument pannel lights. Mine does not do any of that until i switch the headlight on all the way. This tells me that my lights are not burned out but that there is a problem with the switch/stalk.
    Has anyone heard of this or experienced this? I tried to look for this in the Forums but had no luck.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. Kyle Conley

Kyle Conley New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well its not a huge deal but I plan on replacing all my lights with either LED or HID and ill be adding fogs. I would probably want to drive around with the fogs during the day and the LED parking light ill be adding as well. Regardless, i want my car to work properly.
    Thank you for linking me to where i can buy a new switch but id like to be sure thats the problem before i spend any money

4. Kyle Conley

Kyle Conley New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry to be impatient but over 100 views and no one has had this issue or heard of someone with this issue?