1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parking or Emergency Brake Signal?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by djdawn, Jun 2, 2016.

1. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone have a schematic, or know the location of the line/pin of where I can find the emergency brake signal? Does one exist?
    I currently have DRLs that are integrated in the front lip of my car and in my turn signals, and those are turned on/off manually via a switch and powered through ACC power. That's normally fine, but when I'm parked and the ignition is on I have no need for the DRLs to be on. I believe it brings unneeded attention when I'm sitting in the parking lot at night, or in a Starcracks/McDonalds drive through. I'm looking to find the emergency brake signal (or parking brake, depending) and make a small circuit that would enable the DRL switch. I considered a level or proximity switch and similar, but considering that the models with navigation could use the emergency brake signal to enable navigation editing on the headunits, if said brake signal exists I'd rather go that route.

For clarification if needed:
    Parking brake DISABLED/OFF, DRL switch OFF = DRL LEDs OFF
    Parking brake DISABLED/OFF, DRL switch ON = DRL LEDs ON
    Parking brake ENABLED/ON, DRL switch OFF = DRL LEDs OFF
    Parking brake ENABLED/ON, DRL switch ON = DRL LEDs OFF

At any time the emergency brake is pulled up, or the DRL switch is turned off, I want the DRL LEDs to turn off.