1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parking

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mary Snyder, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

D
    Does anyone find it a little harder to park and back out the Prius? It seems to me that the back wheels don't alwasy follow the front wheels when you drive into a perpendicular or angle parking space and the car goes in there a llittle crooked (maybe because of the large radius of the front and back wheels). Anyway I never had and trouble parking my "84 Chevy Cavalier". Any help or instructions would be greatly appreciated.
    Mary

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think every car is a little different, so any time to switch cars there's a period of learning. I think the Prius has a longer wheelbase than some cars of similar size, and that will make the handling a bit different.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it might be the wheelbase as daniel said.

The Prius doesn't have "large" wheels. 15" is fairly standard for a car of this size (exterior dimensions).

Also note how the front wheels are "pushed" towards the front of the car. That will change the characteristic of the car compared to one that's farther away from the bumper.