1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parrot 3200 Bluetooth Car kit installed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by omgitsroy326, Nov 19, 2007.

1. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Works great... very very compatible with Treo. It downloads the photo into the screen from my treo. Usually when i get a call from a friend, i have the photo pop up. It's the same with this bluetooth car kit. It also interrupts your speaker while you're driving. http://picasaweb.google.com/Roy326/Prius/p...443202136267922
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Roy326/Prius/p...443206431235234
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Roy326/Prius/p...443215021169842

2. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    guess no one cares

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To be honest, I didn't see this thread when I clicked View New Posts. Don't know why.

That looks pretty good actually but note thta a lot of Prius owners already have bluetooth installed from the factory (either via nav on the earlier models or via the JBL Audio on 06+ models)

4. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    yes , i'm aware.. i had it on my previous car and didn't get it as an option for this car...

this thread was geared more towards people who wanted something close to stock... besides the fact that it's not fully integrated with the MFD screen, this unit is impressive when paired with the treo

unlike the stock toyota head.. the treo's batter bar show... also caller ID displays the picture which is saved in your treo. There are 150 voice tags... unlike the stock unit. It does not have voice dialing. I'm not sure if the prius has it.

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    sounds good. I'll stick with my free headset though lol. I figured the next car will have bluetooth and since I rarely get calls on my cell, it won't be as useful to me. It does look cool though esp. with the screen which is something I haven't seen in aftermarket bluetooth sets (most just have a single line mono screen that displays the number).

The Prius allows 7 ways to dial I believe:

- number (on the screen's numpad)
    - dialed number (I'm assuming last dialed)
    - speed dial
    - voice dial
    - phonebook
    - received calls
    - name

6. ezbngrn

ezbngrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Roy I have been looking for something close to stock. I actually wanted to purchase a package #3 but there were none in my area. Anyhow, my question is does this unit play through your stock stereo? or does it have it's own speakers? If it does use the factory stereo how does it integrate? Were did you purchase it? I found a website selling them in south Africa :unsure:

7. ezbngrn

ezbngrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    OK found it @ crutchfield.. NOt clear on how the connections are?

8. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i payed 275 installed with tax. It integrates with your stock stereo. If you get it professionally installed they may say it only uses one speaker, but you can wire so it uses all four speakers. It mutes the music when you have an incoming or outgoing call. I currently have it setup where it uses only the front two speaker so i have have music streamin in the back. It's not bad, but it's more of a personal preference. Have the speakers play in the back isn't all that loud and it doesn't seem like anyone is bothered by the music when i'm talking to someone.

again.. if you have a treo... this is the best integrated bluethooth headset out there. I was very impressed. If you want to know how it works you should go to circuitcity and test it out. I tested it out before i purchased it. ( i didn't purchase it at CC)

If you'd like more pictures, let me know...

9. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(omgitsroy326 @ Nov 20 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]542286[/snapback]</div>
    is there a point to that post? lol.