1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Part fell off motor mount, plus rear oil leak.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius92, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Prius92

Prius92 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This part in the red box, found in driveway and it came off one of the motor mounts. Is it required? Seems to be some kind of bumper, rather than part of the mount.
    mount.png

I noticed an oil leak, but it's extremely slow. Anything to worry about?
    oil.jpg

Also...anyone have any recommendations on a rear cargo liner that's not cheap cut to fit, and not expensive Husky or Weathertech?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So you don't want to cut to fit it you don't want the husky which is fairly inexpensive compared to the weathertech you want something in between the two I don't know what that would be I'd have to get on Amazon and go to looking I'm sure there are companies in China that do the same thing that WeatherTech does with the fancy little lasers and plastic injection molding machines. I haven't looked that far when I found the husky equivalents my front mat set for my 13 in the WeatherTech was $149 $139 whatever The equivalent in the Huskies was $66 or something like that this is just for the front that's 30 bucks a pop I can live with that 80 was a little hard to swallow and then on top of that they do keep your carpets clean but they are dirt magnets I mean you can't get in your car without bringing tons of crap to sit in those custom cut plastic liners it's more dirt than I used to bring into my carpet practically I mean those things are always dirty and they have to be washed with soap and water blasted off hung to dry for a few minutes yeah a lot so I don't even wash mine anymore I just let him sit in there and fill up with dirt until they're almost half full of dirt and change and junk then I might get the inkling to pull them up and dump them out and do a cup and spray them off and let them dry a little drop them back in the car underneath them there's no dirt almost doesn't need vacuuming which I guess is the point

3. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Does this look familiar? (please help) | PriusChat