1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Part needed: cargo light housing

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PanthersFan, Apr 4, 2016.

1. PanthersFan

PanthersFan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I managed to break the cargo light cover/housing when I pulled it out to replace the bulb. (Damn big fingers and hands.) Anyone know where I can order a replacement part? I've tried searching but perhaps I'm not using the correct terminology. Not surprisingly, Advance Auto didn't have it. I figured it'd be specific to my vehicle. I have a 2013 Prius v Two. FYI, I just need this housing/cover, as the wiring is fine.

Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The easiest and sometimes only way to find the Toyota part number is to go to the dealer's Part Department and ask. Take your VIN and in your case, the broken part, and they can find it. Some of the dealer systems are online but the online dealers don't always have every revision of the same part. Revisions include a new part number for every color in addition to manufacturing updates. Their price will be of course be high but you can get the long Toyota part number. They may not have yours in stock but can get it quickly. Often you can just ask for a discount and they will give it to you.

It is possible, with the right part number, to buy from another dealer online, often with good savings for expensive parts. Relatively inexpensive parts purchased from a dealer online are burdened with shipping costs which makes the local dealer competitive. Occasionally you can find used on ebay but those guys usually don't use the Toyota numbers on small parts so even if you find one used it might be wrong.

The parts diagrams have one number that covers all color options with a table underneath to find your version's actual part number.

Deck board & deck trim cover. Fits: 2013 Toyota Prius v 1800CC 16-VALVE DOHC EFI, AUTOMATIC, ATM STEPLESS | LaGrange OEM Toyota Parts
    Maybe "generic" 64745
    2013 v.jpg 2013vpart.jpg

#2 rjparker, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    PanthersFan likes this.