1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parting out 2005 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mickcline, May 8, 2023.

1. Mickcline

Mickcline Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hey guys, my grandma’s friends Prius has been scrapped. It blew a rod because the people he was letting use it didn’t put oil in it as often as they should have :/ so I’m in Colorado Springs and the only thing I was going to keep is the hybrid battery but everything else can be parted if anybody’s interested. I know the brake booster was still good on it and the inverter pump, the lcd screen was in perfect shape too ( I’m jealous because mines f$ck€d) let me know what you guys think!

Prius Rising and SFO like this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Maybe you should take his screen

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The '05 first iteration of the generation 2 are real common I mean the reality is where I live I can get most of those parts for almost nothing You can't give them away anymore I mean they just get crushed and I don't know whatever happens on heavy industrial salvage land but certainly the bottom is falling out on used 04 to early '06 Prius parts unless you have a mint condition interior door switches all of that You might could get decent money for it as far as I can tell here where I'm sitting in the southeast United States anyway Good luck.

4. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    A 2005 has a different MFD then the 2008 bummer, But you can sell it and use the cash to repair your...$299 delivered worse case.. How many miles? What's wrong with your MFD? sun damage or just digitizer? I'd pull the Brake Booster,invertor (because you will have to too get to the ABS Booster. intake manifold,Throttle body, Battery, Dash panels..and then the Combination meter to sell to Matt at Texas Hybrid Batteries..if they aren't cracked, Steering wheel if it isn't worn out. Did it have leather seats? Fog lights?