1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger airbag light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by priuslt, May 25, 2011.

1. priuslt

priuslt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dear members,
    This forum is really great. I am the new owner of Prius 2008. I have it just a week.
    Now, when I drive, I notice the passenger air bag light is always on, whether there is a passenger in the seat or not. Is this normal?
    When a passenger sits in the front seat, the air bag "on" signal is illuminated, which stays on and I think this is normal. My question is should the passenger air bag light stay illuminated even if no passenger is in the front seat? Any easy solutions or am I worrying about nothing?
    Couple days ago the security system was installed. Maybe the tech guy did something wrong..
    Thanks.

I am adding a picture how it looks like
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You are worrying about nothing, it is OK for the AIRBAG light itself to be on at all times when the Prius is READY. The ON light should only be on when sufficient weight is placed on the passenger seat.