1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger Headlight Out-Bulb is GOOD, Fuse looks good

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by gifuboiler, Sep 23, 2018.

1. gifuboiler

gifuboiler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Passenger side halogen bulb is out, switched out the left and right bulbs, both bulbs are good.

Fuse 20 and 29 are missing, seems like the manual's diagram is incorrect. Looked online and found that the 40a fuse is for the headlights and it looks good, and all other electronics that go through the fuse are working...

Please let me know what you guys suggest.

2015 Prius II, 60k miles

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    If the bulb and the 40 A (P/I 2) fuse are OK, the trouble is probably in a wire harness or connector, or in the No. 1 Integration Relay, a plug-in module that has several relays inside, including those for the headlights.

Do you have a multimeter to check for voltage and resistance to ground at the headlight connector?

(Note: Be careful not to damage the terminals by jamming meter probes into them.)

3. gifuboiler

gifuboiler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Turns out I'm an idiot. I was testing the high beams, not the low beams. It was just a bad bulb. Embarrassing

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    At least it is sorted ;).

Now you can worry about something else(y).