1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger Seat Squeaks!! after alignment...HELP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cyberpriusII, Dec 30, 2012.

1. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This has been driving me crazy....maybe I am crazy....

But, I had my Prius aligned by the independent mechanic who has aligned all our family's cars for years.

Afterward, the passenger seat seems to squeak. Notice it more on rough -- ie -- dirt roads or on sharp turns.

Annoying....I will try calling the mechanic toward the end of next week, but since it is quite a drive back to my old hometown....and I know I can't get hold of anyone until Wednesday, any brilliant thoughts?

Could this be connected to the alignment. Coincidence? Any ideas for a fix? Please....

2. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK guys, forgive me. I've gotten lazy since breaking my foot last October....so I did not search for an answer before I posted. Bad Kris...:oops:

Instead, I relied on the forum software to tell me about associated threads before it would post my question. Unfortunately, apparently the "new, improved" forum does not incorporate that feature, which I relied upon in the past. Anyway, this problem has been discussed extensively, and I just saved a TSB that addresses the issue.

Anyone interested:
    don_chuwish posted the following on Jan. 26, 2010

Yep, for me it was that plastic trim. Following the TSB (T-SB-0390-08) I found where the two plastic pieces were rubbing - I could even see a worn spot. Instead of having the dealer replace the trim I just cut off a tiny bit of plastic with a box cutter. No more squeak.