1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger Side Power Mirror Issue - Do this before anything else

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by KJF, Apr 5, 2019.

1. KJF

KJF Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you are having an issue with either of your side mirror power adjustment switches not moving your mirrors, manually manipulate (up, down, right, left) the mirror a LOT and then try again. That solved my problem.

The Backstory (I am telling this story to save others time): My 2010 Prius passenger side mirror would not move with the power switch (located to the left of the steering wheel). I heard nothing/saw no movement when I pressed the switch. The driver side mirror did move with the power switch. I manually manipulated the passenger mirror (very stiff and creeky at first) a bit and it still did not work and I heard no sound. So in preparation for diving deeper, I searched the various threads on Priuschat and followed other leads to learn more about the electronics involved and testing the power mirror switches and removing my door panel and removing the mirror and lubricating the ball joints and pivot points, etc. Then out to the car with my tools assembled. Before starting, I decided to manipulate/exercise the mirror some more. Glad I did because then the up/down worked. A bit more manipulation and then the right/left worked as well. Put my tools away and took the rest of the day off! In the future, for prevention, I plan to periodically exercise my mirrors whether they need it or not.

RMB and Raytheeagle like this.