1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passive Dance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by taaustin, Oct 9, 2005.

1. taaustin

taaustin New Member

Ok folks (perhaps DanMan)

I've tried "The Dance" to switch from passive to active alarm mode.

I do NOT get the first answer-back and therefore can't complete this. Any suggestions?

Terry

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

You have to be sure you do the first step quickly enough. Insert and remove the fob from the slot 3 times in five seconds. The rest of it, to the part of the first answerback has to be done in 40 seconds. Any wrong move and it's back to square 1.

3. taaustin

taaustin New Member

Thanks, Dan

I'll go give it another shot. I'm picking up my boys this weekend and there will be unlimited opportunities for an eight and five year old to set off the alarm.

4. taaustin

taaustin New Member

HELP, Dan

Tried again - no luck.

Here's the setup

I'm stitting in the car. Car is OFF, all doors are unlocked, driver's door is open (SKS switched on, or off either seems to fail)

Insert/remove keyfob into it's home slot on dash (in/out/in/out/in/out) REAL fast - EASILY under five seconds (all of this while I'm sitting in the driver's seat

Close driver's door (so now all doors are closed)

Lock/unlock all doors three times with key fob (means double-click on unlock to get them all)

Open driver's door, close driver's door

flip lock button on driver's door (above handle) on/off three times
    (tried it with the armrest lock button after several failues with the 'manual lock' button - no change)

Open driver's door

NO ANSWER-BACK

What in the heck am I doing wrong? YES this is a fairly complex dance but I've got three degrees and am a professor as well as the chairman of my department... These instructions are far from the most complex protocol that I've managed to follow.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated, Dan (or anyone else!)

Thanks,

Terry