1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Past Record

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by RocMills, Oct 26, 2012.

1. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Can the past record be programmed to NOT record trips under a given number of miles?

I don't want my point-to-point 3 mile trips at 99.9 to skew my view of trips over 7 miles, is this possible, or do I have to just keep resetting every time I take a short trip with high MPG?

2. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    As long as you pressed reset, it will always record trips. My solution is to reserve different trip meters for different record functions and only reset as required. I used Trip A for tank km/l and only reset during refuel. Trip B is for lifetime km/l and there are no record since I never reset. Odometer has many short trips with high FE like yours, I only reset it if I want to record trip FE.

Vincent

3. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, I use the different trip meters as well... I was just hoping there was some way, other than pen and paper, that I could track daily averages of the regular trips I make. If Past Record could be set to ignore trips under a certain length, it would suit my needs perfectly. Good thing I keep a pen and pad handy.

4. Revan86

Revan86 Animal nerd and alt car guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Sadly you cant. :( it would be nice though, I have a lot of 99.9 mpg trips in my past record. Mostly from from parking turning off the car. Then realizing I need to move it for one reason or another. kinda skews things

RocMills likes this.
  5. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Early on I kind of dismissed the past record screen because I guess I didn't really understand it, so I've normally had my past record screen on the monthly averages graph. However today for some amusement I flicked it over to the personal best screen. When I have the odometer displayed it showed the usual ridiculously stellar performances from short trips (and because mine reads in l/100km, I see values well in excess of 99.9 mpg, ie. 2.3 l/100km or less in our money).

When I had "Trip A" displayed it instead appeared to be showing me a version of my best three tanks (as that's what I use "Trip A" to track), which I hadn't understood to be how it worked previously.
    As it happens, except for my first two fill ups on Fuelly, I've been tracking the indicated consumption figures displayed by the car to compare against calculated values. The "league table" of indicated values I have in my records is:

3.7 l/100km 15-Sep-12 222.1km
    3.7 l/100km 16-Sep-12 192.6km
    3.8 l/100km 2-Sep-12 234.3km
    4.0 l/100km 14-Sep-12 518.2km
    4.0 l/100km 16-Oct-12 516km
    4.2 l/100km 30-Sep-12 373.5km
    4.3 l/100km 29-Oct-12 512.4km

It seems this screen is recording the best numerical values it has seen and overwriting duplicates with the most recent performance (or it could also be shorter legs, not sure). Interestingly it rates my current tank-to-date performance (3.9 l/100km over 195.3km) as ranking 3/9.

Obviously this is one area where the metric version is slightly hamstrung by having only two significant figures (3.7-4.3 l/100km is equivalent to 54.7-63.6 mpg), so duplicates are quite easy to get.

6. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    That's how it works? I posted a thread when I first got the car, and contacted Toyota directly, because I thought it was broken. (Thought it was supposed to record the best of your individual trips within the frame of the Trip meter). Not even Toyota told me that's what it's supposed to do. Hm. I haven't looked at the screen since then, so I'll have to take a look and see what it looks like now.

RocMills likes this.
  7. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Yeah, trust me, I was shocked myself. Was lucky I was doing this in my parking space at home when I saw that 515.9km staring back at me!