1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pat Robertson is talking to God again !?!?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by huskers, Jan 3, 2007.

1. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Pat must have a direct # to God. They must be best buds. It seems that millions of us in the United States will die in a terror attack later this year (Sept. or so). I wish Pat would ask God for powerball numbers for me. By the way, Pat siad if we pray real hard (and I guess send him money) maybe it won't happen. Question: is this like the old west of snake oil salesmen and rainmakers? :blink:

2. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Jan 3 2007, 07:32 PM) [snapback]370418[/snapback]</div>
    I have no doubt that Pat hears voices. He's the evangelical poster boy for mental illness. At least the voices don't talk to him through a dog B)

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    As much as I wish it would happen, I can certainly understand why God hasn't called Pat to his side yet. Probably avoiding the inevitable as long as possible. Wouldn't you?

4. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Pat suffers from charismania, characterized by having to pray before every decision, then believing your own thoughts.

5. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Just because Pat hears God it doesn't mean God hears Pat.

Here's the CNN article in case you missed it.

Looks like Pat's track record is actually pretty poor. Predicted Bush would easily win re-election ... which turned out to be just barely, actually. Predicted Bush would have many 2nd-term successes ... wrong again. Predicted major storm in 2006 ... no, I'm sorry, that's not right either.

Say, Pat, are you sure it's God you're talking to?

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jan 3 2007, 04:43 PM) [snapback]370427[/snapback]</div>

That would be my guess. Even God doesn't like this waste of life. Or could he really be Satan???? From an athiest's point of view he is. ;)

7. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mr. Robertson is first, last, and always a businessman. Whatever he does, he does in the interest of furthering his business, which is simply to collect as many tax-unencumbered dollars as possible with the least effort. Passing gas through his mouth and calling it the Word of God is about as effortless as you can get, and so far it has brought him incalculable wealth - far be it from him to start talking sensibly now when decades of talking insensibly has proved so profitable.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

8. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PA @ Jan 3 2007, 05:33 PM) [snapback]370459[/snapback]</div>
    Someone told me once that the penalty for making a false prediction allegedly from God in the Hebrew Scriptures ("Old Testament") was death. I haven't looked for the cite, but it sure would cut down on the people making claims that God is helping them predict the future. That whole "gift of prophesy" thing would get a lot less use!

9. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Pat Robinson is not all there, you ask me. And as a Preacher myself, the man embarrasses me.

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    god told me that she's out to make robertson look like a horse's nice person in all but the literal sense... :ph34r: :lol:

11. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jan 4 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]370697[/snapback]</div>
    Did you ever see Sam Kinison's bit on that? Pat said that God told him to run for president. Sam said "Yeah, I'll bet he did. Well, God must want Pat to look like a complete nice person." Sam did a bit where God is messing with Pat's head at like 3AM while Pat's asleep: "Pat, this is the lord. I want you to get up and change your oil. That's right, get out of bed." Man, I miss Sam so much.

12. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Jan 3 2007, 07:32 PM) [snapback]370418[/snapback]</div>
    Let me guess, God will be punishing us for electing all those Democrats?

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Jan 4 2007, 01:20 AM) [snapback]370606[/snapback]</div>
    You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Pat secretly doesn't even believe in God. If he did, he wouldn't be so cynically taking His name in vain so often.

14. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jan 4 2007, 02:37 PM) [snapback]370787[/snapback]</div>
    Yep. I think in Pat's world, God takes dictation.

15. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jan 4 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]370787[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think any of those clowns believe in god. A few of them may be schizophrenic and actually hear voices in their heads, but most of them know they are lying when they claim he's guiding them. And if you really believed in god, you'd be darn scared of overtly misrepresenting him/her/it.

16. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Jan 4 2007, 10:41 AM) [snapback]370706[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know about that but we're sure being punished for reelecting the chimp. B)

17. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Jan 4 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]370919[/snapback]</div>
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jan 4 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]370981[/snapback]</div>
    So goes the saying. But then how come we've got a president who is blind, deaf, and stupid?

19. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jan 4 2007, 07:29 AM) [snapback]370697[/snapback]</div>
    A true prophet arises!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jan 4 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]370869[/snapback]</div>
    I've always had a very similar view ... they can't possibly believe the same theology they espouse ... with a literal heaven and hell. Except for the "cheap grace" guys, they would have to conclude that they are destined for "worms that eat live flesh and fire that burns but does not consume".

So I have always assumed they are closet liberals! ;)

20. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Bush speaks to God and they are on a first name basis.

"Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."