1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PC down again

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MarinJohn, Oct 24, 2005.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Danny I see we are back to our old tricks. Just like before you switched servers, it is 9am California time (Noon on the east coast) and PC is unaccessable, or barely accessable. If I may politely make some suggestions...
    1) until this problem is fixed once and for all times how about limiting PC to no guests, no automatic searching of the database by remote servers, etc.
    2) If this doesn't do it how about temporarily limiting access to PC by the oldest and most experienced members (this would include me). After all we 'know' more than the newbees and they 'need' the basic info PC offfers
    3) How about giving 'priority' entrance to the site to paid subscribers? when it gets busy?
    4) How about 'fixing' this problem for once and all? I'm not a computer literate person, so can't offer fail safe fixes, but I KNOW something can be done as other sites don't have such problems.
    I'm not trying to be nasty or place blame, just finding a way to make PC more friendly during busy times as right now it is a no-go!

Thanks for your consideration and great job with the site as far as it goes.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i havent had any problems today

3. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

i was unable to post for a little while, but things seem to be running ok now

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've been on PC since 7:30am California time, and only experienced a minor (temporary) delay when posting a reply at around 8:51am but it finally posted after 'processing' for a few minutes.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've been doing a few things on the server today - that is probably the reason for the outages that you are reporting.

I am going to take a look into your suggestions, because I think they are very valid and I appreciate you sharing your concerns for the site.

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Internal navigation on PC became impossible for me at 2 p.m. PDT, 5 EDT.