1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PC Member JimboK Featured in Possibly the Best Hypermiling Article to Date

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Chuck., Nov 5, 2007.

1. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    JimboK is a member at PriusChat, and was the point man for a hypermiling article published online this weekend at Edmonds. The author spent about three weeks getting input from hypermilers in person and online...did not do like many recent articles and dwell on stuff like drafting inches off big rigs.

Lot's of credit to a great piece from Terril Jones and to Jim for an excellent representation of hypermilers. Excerpt and link follows.

CHESTERFIELD, Virginia -- Jim Kelly plods along a back country road, hugging the right side of the right lane of two going in his direction.

He constantly looks for traffic, both behind him and far ahead. “That red light’s not likely to change in the next couple of minutes,†he says, pointing to the signal hanging over the road 500 meters or so ahead, “so there’s no need to hurry.â€

He builds up to 30 mph in his 2005 Toyota Prius hybrid, slows to 16, accelerates to 28, then slows back down again.

Kelly is using one of the techniques of “hypermiling,†the fine art of wringing the greatest fuel economy possible from a vehicle through a bagful of driving techniques.

Hypermilers conserve fuel meticulously by driving at or below posted speed limits, minimizing use of brakes, keeping their vehicles well-maintained and tires tightly inflated.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.eea0172

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    great article!!. most accurate one i have ever seen. so many i see in an effort to balance the gist of the article, ends up adding myths, falsehoods, etc.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The best hypermiler article I've read yet. Great job!

I usually don't read the comments section because it is filled with ignorance. I read this one and I wasn't let down in my assumption.