1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

pcoming Event in S FL - Battery Beach Burnout

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by ShawnW, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ShawnW

ShawnW New Member

Upcoming Event in S FL - Battery Beach Burnout

Hi Everyone,

The Florida Electric Auto Association is hosting the 4th annual Battery Beach Burnout (batterybeach.com) in Jupiter, FL on Feb 21&22, 2009.
    This year’s event is going to be the largest one yet as we are expanding our focus from electric vehicles and including Hybrids and Plug-in Hybrids this year as well. We are expecting huge participation from spectators and participants. The 2 day event will feature electric, hybrid and plug-in hybrids in acceleration testing, autocross and other events. There is also going to be a ride and drive event to give people the chance to actually drive the vehicles there on site. There should be between 80-100 vehicles on display.

Sunday is going to be the Autocross. Hybrids are about efficiency and fuel economy, right? True, but they are a lot of fun to drive as well! The Prius may look like a bulky car, but it handles very well on the track. Take a look at a video of my Prius on a course last year: Do a YouTube search for "autocross prius" - it should be the first result - a black '07 Prius.

The event is going to be lots of fun, be sure to register on the link above.

2. Rick12Player

Rick12Player Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Awesome! I'll mark my calendar and hopefully will be free that weekend (if the band isn't playing out that weekend) so I can drive down from Tampa.

3. ShawnW

ShawnW New Member

4. ShawnW

ShawnW New Member

If anyone is planning on attending, please be sure to register online:

Florida Electric Auto Association - BBB Registration

Little nervous about entering you Prius in an event like this? Check out the video on YouTube: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V-bBgNWXfI]YouTube - Autocross Prius[/ame]

This is going to be a fantastic event...