1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PCV Valve and Transaxle fluid change

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Primetime Paul, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Primetime Paul

Primetime Paul Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,
    I had some time today and rolled down to Gearheads garage in Oceanside CA, its a DIY garage where you can rent a lift and tools by the hour. I gotta say it's really nice working on a lift. I've had my 2006 for 2 months it has 212K (209 when I bought it), I'm just going through it and getting everything caught up maintenance wise. The PCV valve looked good but I ended up swapping it out anyway. I'll clean it up and use it again in the future. I drained and refilled the Transaxle fluid it was reddish brown coming out, glad I got it changed. Very important Tip, always open the fill plug first then the drain in case you cant open the filler.

While it was on the lift, I inspected the underside suspension components etc. Everything looks good. the front sway bar links have torn boots so those will need to be swapped out soon but its not urgent.
    Also cleaned the throttle body while I was at it and put in some Chevron fuel system cleaner. I seem to have picked up 2.5MPG, too early to tell until the next fill up.

Attached Files:

bisco likes this.