1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PDA with mp3 player using Bluetooth on Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mcitron, May 5, 2004.

1. mcitron

mcitron Junior Member

Sorry but I cannot seem to find if this question has been answered before, seems like a popular question:

If I have an IPaq (or any PDA) with bluetooth, can I play music from the PDA through the car's stereo via a bluetooth connection?

Seems simple, either it is possible or not. Has anyone accomplished this or know how to?

Thanks

2. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

i'm guessing probably not. bluetooth is basically a method of two things communicating with each other. but they two things in question have to be set up to exchange that particular data. bluetooth CAN be used for what you are asking, in theory, but the bluetooth in the prius is designed to received phone info, not mp3.

for instance, it has been discussed that phones that have bluetooth just for headphones don't work with the prius, because THEIR bluetooth is only designed for the sound, not the numbers, phone book, etc.

i use the si-link fm transmitter to listen to my nomad jukebox zen in the car. not a perfect solution, and other fm transmitters i tried hardly worked at all, but this one works for me...

3. riskable

riskable Junior Member

The answer is no, but you probably wouldn't want to anyway... The Prius bluetooth implementatio only transmits audio to the front left speaker (mono).