1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pearls "trial by road"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by David Beale, Jul 2, 2007.

1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    So my first long trip, before Pearl was even broken in, was to the coast via highway 99 in BC. The Duffy Lake portion is a rough paved two lane road with 18% grades and 10 km/hr corners (with almost no traffic when I take it early in the morning - 6-7 AM). A good test for the hybrid system. I was impressed with Pearl's performance. I thought I was buying a low power car (1.5 L 70 HP motor), but the electric assist makes it drive like a car with a lot more power, I'd say as if it had a 4 L engine!

Here's a picture of Pearl at Duffy Lake.

[attachmentid=9389]

The ribbon on the amateur antenna is a MADD ribbon. Yes, I washed her the night before at the motel because I intended to take the pics. for screen wallpaper etc. Had to get the bugs off. ;) Hmm, that almost sounds exciting.

Attached Files:

2. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Very nice! She goes quite well with the scenery. :)

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, David. She is a Pearl all right, and in such a lovely setting!

4. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Beautiful David !! what a lovely place, and your Prius looks like it fits right in!! NICE....... :D