1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Peeling of plastic film of inside door

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mlott, Jul 19, 2005.

1. mlott

mlott Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all.
    I am not sure if this is the proper forum, but I need to ask anway. I tend to rest my left arm against the driver's side window and on the inside door panel. Well, I recently noticed that the plastice film has 'bunched up" and also separated where I rest my arm. Is this easy to fix? Is it covered under warranty? I barely have 2,300 miles on my Prius.

I love the car so far :)
    I was just visiting my doctor and mentioned my new car. He seemed interested.

Thanks, for any help,
    Michael

2. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Another owner complained of this, and it turned out that suntan lotion destroys the coating on the panel. I think Toyota replaced it free.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow.

Well I have premature wear on my lower glovebox handle. Getting them to replace it under warranty.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    well i can testify that deodorant doesn't mess up that door panel. :lol: :oops:

just needs a little cleaning every now and then when i really have to lean out the window to swipe my parking card!

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:b6d670aa64]Hi Michael. That "plastic film" is the paint. As KTPhil noted, some others have experienced this problem on their doors, and Tideland's paint problem on his glovebox is also not unique.

I think Toyota may have had a bad batch of paint. They have been replacing panels for free.[/font:b6d670aa64]