1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pennsacola Dealership a Disappointment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by prelector, Jun 3, 2006.

1. prelector

prelector New Member

I guess it’s just part of life that dealerships grow so fast that they no longer have to worry about caring for the customer. It’s been almost two weeks that I got my 2006 Prius package 7, 8 wasn’t available. I did get the port installed leather, sans armrests and center console.

Before trading in my 2005 Tundra I had it serviced at my local Toyota dealer, and had money stolen from the coin holder of the Tundra. I wrote of course to both the service manager and the owner and received no response. It wasn't the amount, just thought a response would have been appropriate. Also, after seeing the number of people who got the package 7 with leather and their dealership installed leather armrests and console, I tried the same thing. Matter of fact I spoke to the owner himself who told me he would get back to me on doing this and I have heard nothing. I emailed him citing how others in the SE region were successful in getting this done. The only response I have heard is from my salesman, who said, “that if I buy a second Prius they would install the leather in both.†How nice they are. I even said I would pay just tell me where I could get it done. They gave me the number of a closed shop.

In addition to this I got a call from the finance guy at the Toyota dealership, that they forgot to collect a check from me for 167.00 during the closing on my Prius a week earlier. He said if I didn’t pay it, that he would have to. The nice guy I am, I immediately went and paid him. Didn’t want him to get stuck for something that we both overlooked.

Well I still love my Prius, but I hope that others will learn from my mistakes and if they can deal with a dealer in Mobile, Al or Fort Walton Beach, they might be better off. Might have to wait a little longer because of dealer size, but maybe the quality of service may be better. I just don't understand why if they can't get a package 8, but can install leather seats at port, why not complete the job and make the customer happy.