1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pennsylvanians

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Emma, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Emma

Emma New Member

I just found out on Saturday that Pennsylvanians are entitled to a $500.00 rebate for the purchase of a hybrid vehicle in 2006. As it is awarded on a first come/first served basis until the available funds run dry, I immediately gathered all the copies of required paperwork and sent everything off to Harrisburg...my fingers and toes are now crossed.

Has anyone else filed the paperwork for the rebate and, if so, have you received any response yet?

2. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It takes 3 or 4 weeks, but they will call you if there's something wrong with you paperwork.

I've bought two Priuses in 2005 and got the rebate on both.

3. Emma

Emma New Member

Excellent news! Thanks.

4. Thomas Brock

Thomas Brock New Member

Lucky Pennsyltuckians... :p

NC hasn't recognized the existence of hybrids, yet... :blink: Unless I'm wrong... :huh:

Somedays, I really don't like this backwards-minded state! :angry:

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Got mine too last year!

6. Springtime

Springtime Member

Bought my Prius on 1/2/06, but, was waiting for my registration to file for rebate. After waiting til the end of January I decided to file for the rebate using my temp registration. Still waiting for the rebate to come - hopefully in a week or two.

PA is running out of money for ths program and as of the beginning of January they had enough to get them through the first qtr 2006. Once the money runs out - no more rebates from PA.

Don't wait like I did for my registration - use the temporary form and the associated paperwork they require and get it in the mail ASAP.

The form, instructions and proff of purchase requirements are on the PA web site.

Springtime

7. Emma

Emma New Member

Springtime: Why such a long wait for your registration documents? I got mine in the mail within a week.

8. mmurphy000

mmurphy000 New Member

I filed paperwork in early January and got a nasty-gram in reply, rather than a phone call, when they didn't like my proof of purchase. I have since re-filed and, as yet, have not received any further response (either another rejection or the rebate itself).

9. Springtime

Springtime Member

Not sure why it took so long - I got new plates and the paperwork was sent in by the dealer - so that may have something to do with it. Of course the new registration arrived in the mail the day after I mailed in all the paperwork.

I had not thought about using the temporary registration paperwork until Kiloran mentioned that it was acceptable as proof of registration. So, it was about 3 1/2 weeks before I got my rebate paperwork in the mail to the state.

Springtime