1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

people buying from dealer-warranty stuff

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cvincent, Feb 19, 2010.

1. cvincent

cvincent Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i have been looking and talking to dealers all day

found one and wanted the full 125,000 mile warranty on it, the dealer told me 2400.00 and something

i did not think anything about it, well i got online and was looking for what was going to be covered and it allows you to do a quote, well for that car with those miles it was 1400.00

i specifically had a dealer tell me today they make no money off those, sooooo that must not be true

looks like you can buy them online easily and cheaper

2. cvincent

cvincent Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ok , when i posted this some posts popped up about buying the warranty here cheaper, i went to the prius store i think and i do a search for warranties and i cannot find it, how do i go about getting a quote on these cars i am looking at?

thank you

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the OP has a 2005 model then it's too late to get a Toyota extended warranty, true? He should save his money and not buy one. There's no guarantee that a non-Toyota seller will even be in business if he ever needs to collect on the warranty.

Any extended warranty buyer will almost certainly never get back more than half the purchase price.