1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

People often ask me.. "F8L why do you...."

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by F8L, Apr 11, 2007.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Spend so much time on those stupid car forums. They actually call me Fatal because I met many of them on local car forums years ago. lol

While I used to spend much of my free time on several racing forums and increasing my knowledge on car and truck performance and modifications, I never really learned much of anything else which brings me to the point of this thread.

Due to the diversity among its members and their outspoken nature we tend to have some very interesting and often relevant topics posted here. Many of the members are intelligent and do their research which requires that I do an equal amount of research to ensure I am not preaching false data or simply to learn more about a subject I knew nothing about or worse yet, thought I knew a lot about. This has turned into not only a form of entertainment but an educational tool. Many of the things I have learned here I never would have thought of looking up on my own and even some of the stuff I normally do study has been refined by the opinions and views of members here.

I'm sure this thread will end up on page 2 very quickly I only hope some of you read it and know I am thankful for your participation and your aid in furthering my development. :)

Justin

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

"F8L",..."fatal"- I see, it's not pronounced "F- eight- L." (that sound was me smacking hand on forehead). :lol:

3. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 11 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]421838[/snapback]</div>
    It was from my first customized plate on my supercharged Mustang GT. F8LPONY and my current race-truck F8L Z71. I was going to do something with F8L on the Prius but settled with ECO DSGN. :)

[​IMG]

Not everyone gets it. Some thought it stood for flying 8 liter or something crazy lol.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Apr 11 2007, 07:36 PM) [snapback]421831[/snapback]</div>
    Yeaaaa! See common ground I like this forum for the same reasons even though ppl have critized me for having over 80% of my posts here. That's ok cause I'm interested in people than cars anyway. Glad you posted this as I gave me an idea for another topic.

Wildkow

5. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well said, F8L. I definitely find that I spend way too much time on this forum, both for the car discussions and other discussions. And, as you said, with all the experts (both car and other) that post here, I really have to make sure I know what I'm talking about before I start running my mouth ("fingers"?) off.

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Never mind, <strike>knee</strike>-jerk reaction.

7. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you again. :)