1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Perfect Timing

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jeromehoward, Mar 26, 2008.

1. jeromehoward

jeromehoward Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello...
    This is great stuff!
    Just did some financial juggling and found this forum as I was ready to buy. I mean MINUTES from heading to the dreaded dealer. Or first dealer.
    So.....looks like the best thing is for me to wrestle myself to the ground and not get the car quite yet. Need to sit here and read for a while.
    Still trying to decide between pkg 4 or 5.

Steve
    Huntington Beach

2. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Good idea. I spent a week reading hundreds of posts on this forum before buying. It was kinda funny because I was telling my salesman things about the car. He was a good guy and asked where I'd learned so much, and I referred him to PC.

3. Brodie

Brodie New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Same for me....I did a ton of research here and consequently knew what I was looking for before I went to the dealers. Enabled me to see through a lot of the stories (although to give the dealer credit they were very straightforward). I've definitely learned a lot about the car here.

Not sure if you've driven one much before, but I had one as a rental for a week and it was great to drive the car for more than a few minutes to really get a feel for it. I think it's worth renting one for a couple days if you haven't spent a lot of time in one. I made a pretty drastic car switch (F150 to Prius) so really wanted to make sure I was making the right decision. (I did :bounce:)

4. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is a good idea; the more you know the better. :) I didn't discover PC until shortly after I got my Pri, but I still knew more about the car than the salesman.

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Steve! Happy reading! I agree that it's a good idea to rent a Prius for at least a weekend to get the feel for the car and how you fit it and it fits you. We don't get adjustable seats like they do in Europe, and some tall and short people have comfort issues with the seats. Almost everyone here loves their Prius. Those that don't tend to leave, I mean, why hang around chatting about a car you don't like? That's why it's important to experience the car and decide viscerally as well as intellectually.

And I keep learning more about my Prius.