1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Perfect wiper blade fit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kenoarto, Feb 9, 2009.

1. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    28" driver's side and 19" passenger RainX Latitudes (highly rated by recent Consumer Reports tests). Wow what a difference! There was nothing especially wrong with the factory blades (they are a bit cheaper, in fact, to replace just the rubber) but the 19" fits perfectly and the 28 sweeps much more (FYI larger than 28" is still possible). Sooooo much more windshield is cleaned and the the passenger side never EVER cleaned the upper corner as it does now. Highly recommended upgrade when you replace your wipers. I should have done this years ago.

PS I know there are too many drivers who never replace their blades until they fall off!!! Truth is you should every 6 months (one year max). The Consumer Reports article explains it quite clearly (pun fully intended).

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Seeing where you are going is over-rated. It distracts me from texting on my cell.

;)

3. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I should add that the RainX 17" blade had to be returned. It is a full inch shorter than the short original. At very least get the 18".

4. Beaker

Beaker New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What is up with this? I just bought my first set of replacements but haven't installed them, yet. The store's computer said to get 24" and 17".

5. danl

danl New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I try to keep my wipers in good condition by always lifting them up during rain or snow an occasionally wiping the blades with paper towels. It'll be a while before I need to change my wipers, but thanks for the tip on the lengths.

Actually the wipers were one of the very few disappointments of mine when I picked up my brand new 2009. I thought they'll be using the new style wipers (like the rainx) that were basically one long stretch of rubber instead. Glad to know they can be swapped out.