1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Perfectly working phones

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JShorr, Jul 5, 2006.

1. JShorr

JShorr Junior Member

There have been several lists of this nature in the past, unfortunately mobile phones change so often that they are quickly out-dated.

I am exploring switching to a new mobile phone provider (currently with sprint) and want to know which AVAILABLE phones work completely with the prius (phone book, ringer, signal strength meter, etc).

Price is not a factor, but size is (the smaller the better).

Jeremy

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The only thing I'll recommend is that you might want to stay away from Verizon. I have an e815 with Verizon and it works great, but Verizon phones won't let you tranfer the phonebook like other carriers.

3. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

4. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Motorola V551 works pretty well. I have Cingilar/AT&T, and I had to send the phone book 1 contact at a time, but it works fine in the car.

5. JShorr

JShorr Junior Member

I believe that Sprint also turns off some functionality -- my current Sprint phone does not allow phone book transfer (one at a time or otherwise).

I much prefer the interface in my dad's Audi -- the address book is a live connection, not transfered.

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JShorr @ Jul 10 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]283889[/snapback]</div>
    If you have the LG PM-325, it did not have OBEX functionality in the first place. Bluetooth was not a part of the initial design of that phone, it was an added on feature so that Sprint would an earlier Bluetooth offering after the still birth of the Sony Ericsson T608.

7. JShorr

JShorr Junior Member

So there are some sprint phones with full bluetooth support? Do these ring through the car and have phone book support? Which?

8. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Moto V557 w/ Cingular works great.

9. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JShorr @ Jul 10 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]283934[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, there are. One that comes to mind is the A900. Vagabond is the resident PriusChat Sprint expert. He has posted extensively on this issue. Here is a link to his posts.