1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Perforated Leather Seats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by johscr, Aug 10, 2006.

1. johscr

johscr New Member

I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my Silver #5 Prius next week! We are considering adding the Toyota OEM perforated leather, but I've also been intrigued by what looks to be a quality product from Katzkin. That would allow us to get the solid leather. With two kids under 6, I'm picturing various liquids, etc. seeping through the perforations. My wife really wants leather, so I don't think I'll be able to talk her into keeping the fabric even if it's got the fabric protectant!

2. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If I were to do it over again, I would've skipped the factory leather in my 2006, and added it aftermarket, along with seat heaters. I don't know if the leather is better, but I would have chosen a darker grey or black leather (car is black exterior). And I prefer the wheelskins leather cover on my 2005 to the factory leather steering wheel on the 2006. Softer, and thicker because it covers existing vinyl.

r