1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Perhaps there's hope for this generation of college students after all!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by larkinmj, Apr 4, 2007.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Everything you read about the current generation of college students indicates that they are apathetic, and only concerned about getting on the materialistic fast track after graduation. But sometimes I read something that gives me hope. At the most conservative campus (well, I suppose next to Liberty U. and Bob Jones), students are protesting Dick Cheney's upcoming commencement address. They feel that Cheney does not represent the values of honesty and integrity that are emphasized at the Mormon university. Hell, if Dick Cheney can't get a sympathetic audience at BYU, he might as well stick to giving addresses at the Death Star Academy.
    Then, Karl Rove (a.k.a. "MC Rove") came to speak to the College Republicans at American University. A group of students lay down in front of his vehicle, and attempted to make a citizen's arrest of Rove. No word whether Rove is in jail.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The BYU College Democrats are protesting his appearance.

Apparently the BYU College Republicans are supporting his appearance.

My guess is the republicans outnumber the democrats.

That said, I think the basis of the protest, Cheney's lack of integrity would be a concern to the majority of Mormons who manage to be both patriotic and honest.

3. JamieS

JamieS New Member

I want nothing more than to go to college and be obnoxiously pro-active. Apathy doesn't work for me.

4. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 4 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]417824[/snapback]</div>
    It was only a dozen students. Still, it's a good sign, particularly since they also pelted his car with debris. I would imagine the fat, pudgy, draft-evading (a questionable college deferment) Rove was shitting his pants throughout the entire episode.

Consider what the number and size of the protests might be if there were still a draft as there was during Vietnam.

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rainydysandmondys @ Apr 4 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]417968[/snapback]</div>
    Good for you! Raise hell! :)