1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Persistant Low Tire Pressure Warning

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by doctorbob, Oct 17, 2007.

1. doctorbob

doctorbob New Member

My low pressure warning light has come on despite proper tire inflation pressures. The light came on about a month ago and I checked the inflation pressures, which were as recommended. It stayed on for about 4 days, then went off. Now it has been on again for the last 3 days and has stayed on despite my "topping off" the air in the tires.
    I suspect this will require a trip to the dealer, but thought perhaps I would check the brain trust first.
    Thanks.

2. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Page 154 of the 2007 Owner's Manual describes how to reset the tire pressure warning. You may want to read it and see if that works. (make sure that your cold tire pressure is at the desired level before reset).

Good luck,
    Gabe

3. doctorbob

doctorbob New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius 07 @ Oct 17 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]526880[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, Gabe. I must have missed that part. I focused on the part where the light is supposed to go off automatically when you increase the tire pressure. I'll give it a try.
    Bob

4. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

You just saved me from posting a reduntant question.

A side question however. I've had my tire pressure warning light come on twice. First time I added air and light went out. This time I added air to 35 for front and 33/30 in rear. (air pump broke at 30) and light remains on.

Thus my remaining question: Should we expect the light to go off on its own or are we expected to manually reset it each time it goes on. No big deal, just curious

5. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You don't need to push the reset switch when you add air; the light should go off on it's own. The only time you should use the reset button is when you want to re-define the pressure level at which the light should come on.