1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Persistent P441 and P455 codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by loudes13, Oct 27, 2018.

1. loudes13

loudes13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have Persistent P441 and P455 codes. Last winter I bought a 2007 Touring with a bad12 V battery. Later I discovered it also needed a new traction battery.

On the way home from the purchase it was low on fuel so I tried to fill it up. Gas started burping back out of the inlet. I was able to get enough gas in it to get home. A local shop said it needed a new gas tank. So we put in a low mileage used gas tank.

Fast forward to today and the car runs good and gets above 50 mpg and I am quite satisfied with it. I even drove it out to Yellowstone and camped in it for two weeks.The problem is I keep getting P441 and P455 codes.

I’ve replaced the gas cap twice and the shop has tried numerous tests and replacing evap components with a solution found.

Anyone have a suggestion? I’ve already spent almost as much money on repairs as the original purchase price.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How long has the car been logging P0441 and P0455: since you purchased the car, or since you installed the replacement fuel tank, or ??

What evap components have been replaced so far?

When both of those DTC are simultaneously logged, maybe the evaporator vacuum service valve or the charcoal canister vacuum service valve has failed.

3. DrTooth

DrTooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey Patrick, I recently got both P0441 and P0455, AND P0456 simultaneously logged. So I'll get reading up on the evaporator vacuum service valve, and the charcoal canister vacuum service valve.

Maybe related, I do have a bad habit of topping off the gas whenever I fill up...