1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Personal best MPG, so far

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kimgh, Jun 12, 2006.

1. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I bought gas and reset my consumption screen last night; it's about 0.2 miles home from the station, and I managed to get 99.9 MPG on the way home.

But I don't take that number very seriously, since it's skewed by a slight downgrade and stealth speeds most of the way.

But this morning on my way to work (a 13 mile commute), I managed to get the MPG to click over to 60 as I stealthed my way between the lines.

That is way cool, even though I know it won't last. My outbound commute loses about 200 feet in elevation that I have to "pay back" on the way home.

But at least I can say that I achieved the EPA rating at least once, so far!

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations! Good to hear you're having fun with your mpgs. You might find that they jump around a bit for the first 50-75 miles into a tank. I could be getting 65mpg one minute and 38mpg the next, but they seem to level off the more miles into a tank you get and I've been steadily getting 49-51mpg these last 4 tanks. :D