1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Personalized License Plate Frame

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by palau, Jun 14, 2006.

1. palau

palau New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello all,

I'm bored of my POWER TOYOTA license plate frame. It doesn't suit the coolness of the car.

I'm thinking of customizing one. How do you feel about "Can't Curb My Enthusiasm for Prius" ?

Is this corny or cute?

I think it's a good combination of both.

I LOVE the show and Larry David. He was the one who brought the Prius to my attention.

Also, if anyone has a recommendation for a good online frame store, thanks. I just made a sample frame on autoplates.com and it looks pretty good. (copper frame, green background? and white print?)

Oh, and yesterday afternoon, I initiated my first ever Prius wave, and best of all, the recipient was quite happy to reciprocate. Very exciting indeed, still reeling from it.

Christine

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I understand how you feel. I took my rear plate frame off when I got home and put on the one I had on my last car. It's from Universal's BTTF store (no longer open)

BRINGING YOU YESTERDAY'S TOMORROW...TODAY!

INSTITUTE OF FUTURE TECHNOLOGIES

On the front I have one with paw prints (my Prius was named in honor of our cat Silver Belle).

3. MarieH

MarieH New Member

I didn't get a plate frame! Probably cause I had one on my old car and they moved it along with my tag. B)

4. altdel

altdel Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  5. palau

palau New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    thanks so much for the referrel, altdel.

btw, i told my husband about my brilliant frame idea, and he thinks it's way too obvious and mildly obnoxious. he's all but vetoed it.

so after watching the south park episode, i'm thinking "smugness is next to godliness" ;)

6. Soylent

Soylent The v isn't a station wagon! It's just big boned

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I've always wanted "Starfleet Academy" on the back window. A Prius may well justify having that sticker

"She ain't got the power, captin'!"
    "Activate ICE on my mark... Engage!"

7. Lottetrouble

Lottetrouble New Member

I wanted to put my web address on my frame so the car would be an advertisement while driving in LA traffic, and provide me with a further tax break, but both my boyfriend and director were strongly against the idea. They thought I would be stalked. It's not like my web address isn't already out there.

So I've been trying to come up with something too. I'm leaning towards "50 mpg, 0.9 emissions" (for the benefit of the SUV/Humvee drivers behind me). Maybe it will get people to think.

8. Katrina

Katrina New Member

I designed my My own frames a couple cars back... and carried them over to my prius in january. I love them, and they are even more fitting on the geekier prius than my last 2 cars (a stratus and a saturn.)

9. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think it's corny-sounding, but in a fun way. I think you should get it, considering you're such a fan of the show. :) I can't seem to think of any creative license plate frame sayings that I would want, so what you've come up with is a lot better than what I've been able to come up with thus far. :D

10. MarieH

MarieH New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Soylent @ Jun 15 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]271700[/snapback]</div>

I had a "Starfleet Academy Parking Permit" sticker on one of my cars about 20 years ago. It also had an NCC-1964 tag. The tag for my Prius is Galileo. :D

11. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My frame says:

"This is my war on Terrorism"

License plate says:

NOFUELN

So, put together:

"This is my war on terrorism, no fooling". :D

12. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just ordered my personalized plates MOREFPG and am thinking "42-52+, how do you measure up?"

13. nathanielprenaud

nathanielprenaud New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Actually, I am looking for a great idea for my plate slogan, I found some cute ideas from you friends. I guess I need to think what's best for me. I saw one that support mother Earth but this one is funny, "Green Earth, Green Thumb, Green Mind" (LOL).

Well I am still thinking one that suits me.