1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pet Peeve Thread

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Schmika, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I was at the grocery store (Kroger's) and the lady in front of me (she was elderly but it can be anyone) was using a paper CHECK! Hey...it's 2006 folks!

Not only that, but when told the total, THEN she gets out the book and starts the date.........name of store.........amount in digits.....amount written out.....ssssiiiiigggnnnnaaaattttuuuurrreeeee!.

Look, those checks are the most unsecure things around. They are ineffcient and there is NOOOOOOO good reason to use them anymore.

At the least, fill out everything but the amount BEFORE you are given your total. Have some consideration for others in line who understand the SUPERIORITY of credit (not debit) cards.

I couldn't care less if you mail checks with bills, but DON'T BE A JERK IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!

Any other pet peeves out there?????

2. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yeah, people who get irritated over little things. That's my pet peeve.

3. Schmika

Schmika New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, I'm suddenly not cranky!!

4. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    AuntBee - So what's "Middle Tennesee"?

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Dang! You beat me to it! ;)

My Pet Peeve is people who think elderly people are in their way. HEY! They were here first!!!!! :p

If an elderly person is in front of me, I stay there and admire them for still being able to function in this world. We can only be so lucky to be functioning as well when we are their age – and hope that at that time there isn't some impatient ahole behind us who is mad at us for still using archaic plastic credit cards rather than just assimilating ourselves by having the neural payment transceiver implanted in our frontal cortex.

I now especially love having elderly drivers in front of me. They are good for my gas mileage, and the impatient ahole behind me can't get mad at me for not driving ten MPH above the speed limit because they are in a hurry. :D

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    my pet peeve? spelling errors

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Cops busting people for dumb nice person stuff. :p

8. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I like elderly drivers. They get me between 60 and 70mpg. The greatest part. they accelerate slow :)

My pet peeve. Since i work at a register. Money. Yep.. dirty wrinkled money. It bugs the hell out of me. Then.. my co workers shove the money into the cash register. It's this pile of bills that are folded in places and in my opinion gross. You should see my wallet. All the bills face the same way, right side up, and all crisp. the way money should be.

9. bigj3347

bigj3347 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Before I get in to my biggest pet peeve, I want to make it clear that I know this is a stereotype and I am Asian myself so I'm not trying to be racist, but this pet peeve of mine is a disturbing trend if you ask me.

I live in southern california, and as such, there are A LOT of asian people here. I'm not saying I'm a great driver, but i've seen some ridiculously bad driving from middle aged asian women who wear those huge sun shielding visors that look so fugly. They drive around on the freeways in their brand new S600s wearing those freaking visors and talking on their cell phones. All the while fluctuating from 45-75 mph and swerving. Their exits come up suddenly and out of nowhere, change 4 lanes in less than a 100 feet, cutting off 5 other drivers and bolt for the exit ramp. I can't help but ask myself if they bribed their DMV driving tester to get their licenses in the first place.

Then the other day, I was in the parking lot that was jam packed, couldn't find a spot anywhere. Suddenly, right in front of the restaurant I was going to, an asian women and her 7 year old daughter bolt through the rain for their S430 right in front of the restaurant. The lady obviously saw me because I had my turning signal blinking on. I was thinking how lucky I was when the lady and her daughter got in the car and started checking and reapplying her make up. She took a good ten minutes redoing her freaking make up before she finally started to back out. The parking lot wasn't big, and there were these concrete pillars that were in place along hte sidewalk to prevent drivers from driving right on to the sidewalk. The lady seemed like she couldn't decide whether she wanted to back out to her left or right and just kept backing out straight. Finally, when she was like a foot away from backing right in to the pillar, she decided to back out to her right and she stepped on the gas while steering left. Immediately, she hit the breaks and her rear bumper was like 2 inches from the pillar when she pulled away. By now, I was hoping she'd hit the pillar just so i can get a good laugh.

I know she has all the right in the world to her parking spot. But if she wasn't leaving right away, the least she could've done was to let me know she wasn't leaving. She just took her sweet nice person time as if she was trying to piss me off. The thing that annoys me even more is that these women always seem to be driving 80,000-120,000 dollar vehicles. Okay, i'm just ranting now but you guys get the idea.

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Same thing happened to a friend of mine. She was in a hurry to get some coffee before work. Full parking lot and people waiting - an Asian lady gets in her Mercedes and starts applying makeup. So my friend double parks behind the idiot and goes in and gets coffee. When she returns to her car, the Asian lady is out of her car, talking on the cell phone (probably calling 911) and yelling, “who is blocking me in . . . I am in a hurry!†To which my friend replies, as she is getting into her car, “if you were in that big of a hurry, you shouldn't have been applying makeup, because . . . [while pointing at her own face and nodding] . . . you missed a spot.â€

One of the sweetest gals I know, but she does not take crap from rude people, and has a quick wit to put them in their place. :D

11. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HALLEJUIAH!! I am not the only one like this. (Must be a cashier thing, as I cashiered at a grocery store for a year and a half...

Also, other pet peeves include:

-Smoking, I hate this on every level imaginable in all of its forms :angry: :angry: :angry:
    -People who go the the bathroom and do not wash their hands... this is beyond nasty... :angry: :unsure:
    -Michigan Drivers... You know who you are, flying through NW Ohio on I-75 at 85 miles an hour in a Blizzard, 95MPH in good weather
    -Ontario drivers... (see michigan drivers)
    -Quebec Drivers... (see michigan drivers + the whole french thing)
    -France and French people... The smoking, the body odor, the rudeness, the lazyness... I thought it was all a stereotype until I spent one weekend in Paris.... GRRRRRR! :angry:
    -Dirt, dust, nastyness... I have to keep my apartment/car/self immaculately clean... down with dirt!

Thats all for right this moment... il try to come up with some more if I can :D

12. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

You're at a stop sign where you have to make either a right or a left---a "T". You need to make a left. There are no stop signs for the cars coming from the right or left. Your street is the only way out of the neighborhood. As usual, you're running behind a couple of minutes.

You're prevented from making your left mainly by those coming from your left. If they signalled their intent to turn right into the street you're on, and no one's coming from your right, you could go. But usually they don't. Usually it appears they're going straight through.

You know the rest. Nine times out of 10 they brake at the last minute and, with no signal, turn right into your street. Sometimes they're your neighbors, and they smile or give a little wave as their face passes within five feet of yours. They may be surprised by the expression on your face, or the fact that you're not acknowledging them.

And, of course, just as soon as they make their right, your window of opportunity closes as a slowpoke comes lumbering from your right. You calculate that as soon as they pass through, you might be able to make your left. Yes! At last!

NO! Another car, which wasn't there when your ordeal began, just pulled out from a street half a block away on your left and parallel to yours, making a right and heading for your intersection. YOU CAN'T MAKE YOUR LEFT AGAIN!

How many times in a row can this repeat itself?

13. jdjeep98

jdjeep98 New Member

Some idiot flying by you on the interstate at about twice your speed who then pulls in front of you and slows down to 1 mph slower than your cruise control is set.

Some idiot flying by you on the interstate at about twice your speed who then pulls in front of you, slams on the brake and takes the exit.

14. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

You sure you weren't in London?...We found the English to be this way. If not, they were probably UK tourists. We run off to Paris every chance we get and never have found what you described.

This is forming into another "I hate" thread innit? Though everything pisses me off, here are just a few:

1. Aggressive Drivers.
    2. Inattentive Drivers (cell phone drivers).
    3. People living off the govt who continue to have children, can barely afford to feed them, but always seem able to afford a carton of smokes, big truck, guns, pit bulls, atvs, bass boats, etc.
    4. ATV's (indicative of lower class)
    5. Parents who let their children ride ATV's (especially without helmet) illegally on residential roads.
    6. Obesity (and I'm not talking about this caused by medical condition) - I'm talking about the ones at the buffet making their 9th trip and still drinking a diet coke.
    7. Selfish People (not caring of how their actions effect others)
    8. Rude People (going out of their way to belittle their fellow human beings)
    9. Lawyers
    10. People with lack of self-respect / pride.
    11. Thieves.
    12. Child Molesters.
    13. MS

You know, my parents were very poor, as well as I while in the military (being a poor serviceman is a requirement), but I was brought up to be proud of what I had. And I was also brought up to take care of what little I had. What I see around me sometimes just amazes me.

15. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually I was studying abroad in London for 10 weeks... I was just in paris on a weekend excursion and could not wait to get back to london because I was so appaled by paris... I found it to be gross, nasty and vile... but I absolutely loved london... And I was living in Kensington, so that was awsome... I lived in a row house and the other side of my bedroom wall was the French embassy... (grrr... )all they did was construction inside there starting at 6am every day! Nothing like waking up to a jackhammer every morning!

I generally had nothing but positive experiences with the English peoples... Although I only managed to get out of central london a few times (afternoon in Bath, 1 day in edinburgh scotland, and 3 days in Paris) 10 weeks in London and I still only manged to do about 1/3 of the things I wanted to do... Although the best thing I got to be was be at the Olympic torch relay concer when the Athens torch came to london, bing on the Mall with 90,000 others!!! (And seeeing James Brown, Ozzy Ozzbourne, and Rod Stewart..) http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/sport/olympics..._pictures.shtml http://www.london.gov.uk/torchrelay/concert.jsp Afterwards I spent 1 week at my brothers home in Germany before returning to the US, as he had just gotten back from his first tour in Iraq and was still stationed outside frankfurt. (i'll rant about th germans another time... :D )

16. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

1. Mean people
    2. SUV drivers that speed through school zones... with their kids in the car, no less!
    3. Middle-aged snooty Prius women. They don't wave.

17. FourOhFour

FourOhFour Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    People doing dumb nice person stuff and then whining about getting caught. :p

18. sutherlin12

sutherlin12 New Member

Now that's funny! :lol:

19. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    How about "Senior" Prius posters cracking back on Rookies! (actually it kinda makes me chuckle when I read them...but still is kinda mean)

20. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    on a bad day: science.
    on a good day: that the good science days don't last like, 3 weeks. or more.